[Lava-users] [lava v2] charts and redefining X attribute

Jonathan Guyot guyot.jonathan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 09:00:04 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

I am working with both Jenkins and lava and I thought it was possible to
change X attributes in charts to use Jenkins build number instead of a date.

In my job, I defined a metadata like this :

job_name: quad-ssh-host
device_type: ssh
*metadata: {jenkins-build: 725, job-context: nightly}*
timeouts:
  job:
    minutes: 10
  action:
    minutes: 3
  connection:
    seconds: 20
visibility: public
[…]

and I made a query that can select these jobs using job-context as a filter.

Then, in the chart, I wanted to use the jenkins-build value to group job
instead of a simple date, but the chart does not seem to be able to do that.

I made many tries on the lava 2017.2 version. I wonder whether I am
misusing lava charts or if it is an issue that need a fix.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Jonathan