[Lava-users] Callback results truncated

Milosz Wasilewski milosz.wasilewski at linaro.org
Fri Nov 3 09:57:50 UTC 2017

On 3 November 2017 at 08:29, Loys Ollivier <lollivier at baylibre.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am working on writing LAVA test definitions and using the callback method
> to send test results to kernelCI.
>
> I noticed a sort of bug (?) when the test definitions are reporting a lot of
> elements. The job finishes and the callback gets triggered before the end of
> the log parsing. I think the callback method is not waiting for the parser
> to finish before sending the event. The callback output is then missing some
> test results.
>
> I made a simple test script that reports 300 test elements and returns. I
> can see in the LAVA log that they are all detected. But in the callback
> object there is around 80 test results.
> If I add a sleep (15 seconds) to hold the script before returning, the
> callback has the 300 test results bundled in the json.
>
> Did anyone experienced this before ?

This sounds familiar. I had similar issue when reporting a big number
of results. However I didn't use the callback. In my case it was
notification on ZMQ publisher followed by XML-RPC call. Also some
results were missing. Subsequent XML-RPC call a few seconds later
returned all results. However I thought the problem was fixed.
https://projects.linaro.org/browse/LAVA-1030

milosz