[Lava-users] how to add the overlay to my os, start the test definition

Xu, Hongyu hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
Fri Nov 10 11:01:44 UTC 2017

Hi ,

                I deploy the device with grub(uefi) method.  Now it can interrupt to grub>, and run the boot cmd and auto login.   I use the pxe iso installation boot or the sata boot, not the nfs boot.
     But the lava-overlay file only add into ramdisk(initrd.img), it will disappear when os bootup.   So I use the transfer_overlay in my job ,  but it do nothing, the  test shell can't be find .
     Please give me some help!

Job.yaml:
actions:
- deploy:
    to: tftp
    kernel:
      url: http://swlab004/1680141/vmlinuz-4.11.0-7.1.hxt.aarch64
      type: zimage
    ramdisk:
      url: http://swlab004/1680141/initramfs-4.11.0-7.1.hxt.aarch64.img
      compression: gz
      install_overlay: false
    preseed:
      url: http://swlab004/centos7/anaconda-ks_1026.cfg
    os: centos
    timeout:
      minutes: 5

- boot:
    timeout:
      minutes: 200
    connection: serial
    method: uefi-menu
    commands: ramdisk_boot
    auto_login:
      login_prompt: ".* login:"
      username: root
      password_prompt: 'Password:'
      password: root
    transfer_overlay:
      download_command: ifconfig;wget -S --progress=dot:giga
      unpack_command: tar -C / -xzf
    prompts:
     - 'Last login: .*'
     - '[root at .* .*]#'
    parameters:
      shutdown-message: "reboot: Restarting system"

- test:
    timeout:
      minutes: 50
    definitions:
    - repository:
        metadata:
          format: Lava-Test Test Definition 1.0
          name: smoke-tests-basic
          description: "Basic system test command for Linaro Ubuntu images. The test runs basic commands like pwd, uname, vmstat, ifconfig, lscpu, lsusb and lsb_release."
          maintainer:
          - hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
          os:
          - centos
          scope:
          - functional
      run:
          steps:
          - echo "test1a:" "pass"
      from: inline
      name: smoke-tests1
      path: inline/smoke-tests.yaml
Best Regards

XuHongyu

This email is intended only for the named addressee. It may contain information that is confidential/private, legally privileged, or copyright-protected, and you should handle it accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, you do not have legal rights to retain, copy, or distribute this email or its contents, and should promptly delete the email and all electronic copies in your system; do not retain copies in any media. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender promptly. Thank you.