[Lava-users] Binary flashing test for Dragonboard 410

Neil Williams neil.williams at linaro.org
Mon Nov 13 10:44:02 UTC 2017

On 13 November 2017 at 10:14, Alfred Ziskind <c_aziski at qti.qualcomm.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We are planning implementing a test that uses QDL (https://git.linaro.org/
> landing-teams/working/qualcomm/qdl.git/) for DragonBoard flashing.
>

> Scenario:
>
> after we flashed the binaries with QDL we want to check in the serial log
> if the boot sequence is correct.

LAVA will do the boot for you and then login on a shell. The simplest way
may be to then use the logs available on the device to get the messages
from the kernel during boot.

If QDL is doing the actual flashing (i.e. transferring files to the device)
rather than fastboot, then the necessary tools would need to be installed
in the LXC and then use the local files downloaded to the LXC by LAVA.

https://staging.validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/actions-deploy.html#index-26

> Can we develop this test in LAVA?

Probably, yes - with some changes to how the test obtains information about
the boot messages.

> If not, please recommend a test framework that can.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Alfred

Neil Williams
neil.williams at linaro.org