[Lava-users] how to add the overlay to my os, start the test definition

Neil Williams neil.williams at linaro.org
Tue Nov 14 13:53:51 UTC 2017

On 10 November 2017 at 11:01, Xu, Hongyu <hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>

>                 I deploy the device with grub(uefi) method.  Now it can
> interrupt to grub>, and run the boot cmd and auto login.   I use the pxe
> iso installation boot or the sata boot, not the nfs boot.
>
>      But the lava-overlay file only add into ramdisk(initrd.img), it will
> disappear when os bootup.   So I use the transfer_overlay in my job ,  but
> it do nothing, the  test shell can’t be find .
>
>      Please give me some help!

Could you attach the plain_log from the test job itself? You attached
lava_424.yaml but that is the validate output, not the job output itself.
Use the Actions drop down when viewing the job and select Plain log, then
attach the downloaded file.

To use transfer_overlay, the newly booted system must raise a network
interface automatically but without seeing the actual output from the
device, it is not possible to say why the wget command failed.

> Job.yaml:
>
> actions:
>
> - deploy:
>
>     to: tftp
>
>     kernel:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/1680141/vmlinuz-4.11.0-7.1.hxt.aarch64
>
>       type: zimage
>
>     ramdisk:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/1680141/initramfs-4.11.0-7.1.hxt.aarch64.img
>
>       compression: gz
>
>       install_overlay: false
>
>     preseed:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/centos7/anaconda-ks_1026.cfg
>
>     os: centos
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 5
>

> - boot:
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 200
>
>     connection: serial
>
>     method: uefi-menu
>
>     commands: ramdisk_boot
>
>     auto_login:
>
>       login_prompt: ".* login:"
>
>       username: root
>
>       password_prompt: 'Password:'
>
>       password: root
>
>     transfer_overlay:
>
>       download_command: ifconfig;wget -S --progress=dot:giga
>
>       unpack_command: tar -C / -xzf
>
>     prompts:
>
>      - 'Last login: .*'
>
>      - '[root at .* .*]#'
>
>     parameters:
>
>       shutdown-message: "reboot: Restarting system"
>

> - test:
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 50
>
>     definitions:
>
>     - repository:
>
>         metadata:
>
>           format: Lava-Test Test Definition 1.0
>
>           name: smoke-tests-basic

> images. The test runs basic commands like pwd, uname, vmstat, ifconfig,
> lscpu, lsusb and lsb_release."
>
>           maintainer:
>
>           - hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
>
>           os:
>
>           - centos
>
>           scope:
>
>           - functional
>
>       run:
>
>           steps:
>
>           - echo "test1a:" "pass"
>
>       from: inline
>
>       name: smoke-tests1
>
>       path: inline/smoke-tests.yaml
>
> Best Regards
>

> XuHongyu
>

> This email is intended only for the named addressee. It may contain
> information that is confidential/private, legally privileged, or
> copyright-protected, and you should handle it accordingly. If you are not
> the intended recipient, you do not have legal rights to retain, copy, or
> distribute this email or its contents, and should promptly delete the email
> and all electronic copies in your system; do not retain copies in any
> media. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
> promptly. Thank you.

Neil Williams
neil.williams at linaro.org
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/