[Lava-users] how to auto login the os with lava

Xu, Hongyu hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
Thu Nov 23 10:32:19 UTC 2017

Hi dear all,

                I boot my device with nfs in lava, but it can't auto login the os , I put the logs to attachment !
               Please give me some idear.
              And I can boot and auto login successful with sata boot, use the same job.yaml file!

My job 454 :

device_type: amberwing_rep1
job_name: amberwing_rep_nfs
priority: medium
visibility: public

metadata:
  docs-filename: amberwing_rep_nfs
timeouts:
  job:
    minutes: 300
  action:
    minutes: 200
  connection:
    minutes: 100
actions:
- deploy:
    to: tftp
    kernel:
      url: http://swlab004/centos7/iso20171026-0/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
      type: zimage
    ramdisk:
      url: http://swlab004/centos7/iso20171026-0/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
      compression: xz
      install_overlay: false
    nfsrootfs:
      url: http://autotest002/tmp/rootfs_centos.tar.gz
      install_overlay: true
    preseed:
      url: http://swlab004/centos7/anaconda-ks_1026.cfg
    os: centos
    timeout:
      minutes: 5

- boot:
    timeout:
      minutes: 200
    connection: serial
    method: uefi-menu
    auto_login:
      login_prompt: '.* login:'
      username: root
      password_prompt: 'Password:'
      password: root
    commands: nfs_boot
    prompts:
    - 'Last login: .*'
    - '[root at .* .*]#'
    parameters:
      shutdown-message: "reboot: Restarting system"

- test:
    timeout:
      minutes: 50
    definitions:
    - repository:
        metadata:
          format: Lava-Test Test Definition 1.0
          name: smoke-tests-basic
          description: "Basic system test command for Linaro Ubuntu images. The test runs basic commands like pwd, uname, vmstat, ifconfig, lscpu, lsusb and lsb_release."
          maintainer:
          - hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
          os:
          - centos
          scope:
          - functional
          devices:
          - amberwing_rep-022
      run:
          steps:
          - echo "test1a:" "pass"
      from: inline
      name: smoke-tests1
      path: inline/smoke-tests.yaml

Best Regards

XuHongyu

This email is intended only for the named addressee. It may contain information that is confidential/private, legally privileged, or copyright-protected, and you should handle it accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient, you do not have legal rights to retain, copy, or distribute this email or its contents, and should promptly delete the email and all electronic copies in your system; do not retain copies in any media. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender promptly. Thank you.