[Lava-users] how to auto login the os with lava

Remi Duraffort remi.duraffort at linaro.org
Thu Nov 23 10:49:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

looking at the logs, I see some issues:
1/ the prompt that you are giving to LAVA is too vague. See the warning
> The string '[root at .* .*]#' does not look like a typical prompt and could
match status messages instead. Please check the job log files and use a
prompt string which matches the actual prompt string more closely.

What is the exact prompt that your rootfs is using?

2/ Job 454 log in incomplete.

3/ Job 439 is timing out in the test shell
> Test shell timeout: 10s (minimum of the action and connection timeout)

4/ Job 439 cannot run because the overlay is not installed
> bash: /lava-439/bin/lava-test-runner: No such file or directory

Regards

> [...]
>
>   connection:
>
>     minutes: 100
>
> actions:
>
> - deploy:
>
>     to: tftp
>
>     kernel:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/centos7/iso20171026-0/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
>
>       type: zimage
>
>     ramdisk:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/centos7/iso20171026-0/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
>
>       compression: xz
>
>       install_overlay: false
>
>     nfsrootfs:
>
>       url: http://autotest002/tmp/rootfs_centos.tar.gz
>
>       install_overlay: true
>
>     preseed:
>
>       url: http://swlab004/centos7/anaconda-ks_1026.cfg
>
>     os: centos
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 5
>

> - boot:
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 200
>
>     connection: serial
>
>     method: uefi-menu
>
>     auto_login:
>
>       login_prompt: '.* login:'
>
>       username: root
>
>       password_prompt: 'Password:'
>
>       password: root
>
>     commands: nfs_boot
>
>     prompts:
>
>     - 'Last login: .*'
>
>     - '[root at .* .*]#'
>
>     parameters:
>
>       shutdown-message: "reboot: Restarting system"
>

> - test:
>
>     timeout:
>
>       minutes: 50
>
>     definitions:
>
>     - repository:
>
>         metadata:
>
>           format: Lava-Test Test Definition 1.0
>
>           name: smoke-tests-basic

> images. The test runs basic commands like pwd, uname, vmstat, ifconfig,
> lscpu, lsusb and lsb_release."
>
>           maintainer:
>
>           - hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com
>
>           os:
>
>           - centos
>
>           scope:
>
>           - functional
>
>           devices:
>
>           - amberwing_rep-022
>
>       run:
>
>           steps:
>
>           - echo "test1a:" "pass"
>
>       from: inline
>
>       name: smoke-tests1
>
>       path: inline/smoke-tests.yaml
>

> Best Regards
>

> XuHongyu
>

> This email is intended only for the named addressee. It may contain
> information that is confidential/private, legally privileged, or
> copyright-protected, and you should handle it accordingly. If you are not
> the intended recipient, you do not have legal rights to retain, copy, or
> distribute this email or its contents, and should promptly delete the email
> and all electronic copies in your system; do not retain copies in any
> media. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender

Rémi Duraffort
LAVA Team