[Lava-users] how to add the overlay to my os, start the test definition

Neil Williams neil.williams at linaro.org
Thu Nov 23 14:31:05 UTC 2017

On 16 November 2017 at 01:52, Xu, Hongyu <hongyu.xu at hxt-semitech.com> wrote:

> Hi Neil Williams,
>
>                 Thank you! Now if we  want to use the LAVA only can boot
> the device with  the NFSROOTFS? Then wait the  release, 2017.12

When trying to reproduce your problem, transfer_overlay is called correctly:
https://staging.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/201505#L878

(transfer_overlay support is called but this particular job doesn't have
wget installed and uses the overlay already added to the NFS.)

I'm afraid we do not have a suitable device to reproduce your problem. It
isn't uefi-menu which needs to support transfer-overlay, it is grub-efi
(which is what is doing the booting of the kernel) and grub-efi already has
support for transfer_overlay, as shown above.

Compare your configuration and test job with the mustang and the job above.
You may need to do some development testing at your end to identify the
problem.

--

Neil Williams
neil.williams at linaro.org