[Lava-users] about dispatcher configure

Remi Duraffort remi.duraffort at linaro.org
Tue Aug 7 11:53:33 UTC 2018

Hello,

the worker will register itself to the master automatically. You don't have
to create the worker manually.

Just configure the worker to connect to your master.
This is done in /etc/lava-dispatcher/lava-slave
An example configuration file is available
at /usr/share/lava-dispatcher/lava-slave

For a first try, you can start without encryption and only define the
following variables in the configuration file:
MASTER_URL="tcp://localhost:5556"
LOGGER_URL="tcp://localhost:5555"

You can also specify the HOSTNAME if you want. By default the slave will
use the name of the server it's running on.

This will instruct you local lava-slave (this is the name of the service)
to connect to the local lava-master.
Then restart the lava-slave with "service lava-slave restart"

Rgds

> I am ready to deploy a local lava single master demo system. The server
> and dispatcher had be installed in a single computer.
> In order to enable the server to kno the dispatcher(worker),Then how to
> configure something.
> Is doing this?:
>         sudo lava-server manage workers add <HOSTNAME>    ,that  HOSTNAME
> is changed in /etc/lava-dispatcher/lava-slave file?
> And when did,How to see  whether dispatcher is working already?

RĂ©mi Duraffort
LAVA Team