[Lava-users] single Master Instance installation, worker must only have one?

Remi Duraffort remi.duraffort at linaro.org
Wed Aug 8 07:40:08 UTC 2018

Hello,

1/ the master does not connect to anything, it's only listening for slave
connection.
2/ multiple slaves (remote and/or local) can connect to the same master.
3/ in the basic scenario (single master), the master and the slave are on
the same machine. The local slave will connect to the master (also local in
this case).
4/ In a bigger lab, the master will be running on one machine, while the
slaves will be running on remove machines, connecting back to the master.

Does that help?

> [...] In this simple mode,wheather the worker(logic unit)must only have
>> one?
>>
>    [] I don't understand the question. Do you speak about workers or about
> DUT (device under test)
>
> According to what I understand, the master can connect multiple slave and
> each slave can be runn on a different computer.  But In single master mode
> ,whether it contains only one Slave unit(or running only one slave  thread
> of excute) on a single computer.
>

> At 2018-08-07 19:48:31, "Remi Duraffort" <remi.duraffort at linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I guess you are speaking about this part of the documentation: https://
> staging.validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/first-
> installation.html#single-master-instance-installation
>
> In this case, all components are on the same server. So lava-server *and*
> lava-dispatcher are installed on the same server.
>
> [...] In this simple mode,wheather the worker(logic unit)must only have
>> one?
>>
> I don't understand the question. Do you speak about workers or about DUT
> (device under test).
>

> Rgds
>
> --
> Remi Duraffort