[Lava-users] single Master Instance installation, worker must only have one?

ljh_dev ljh_dev at 126.com
Wed Aug 8 08:08:39 UTC 2018

Does it also mean that one worker can manager multiple dut ?

At 2018-08-08 15:40:08, "Remi Duraffort" <remi.duraffort at linaro.org> wrote:

Hello,

1/ the master does not connect to anything, it's only listening for slave connection.
2/ multiple slaves (remote and/or local) can connect to the same master.
3/ in the basic scenario (single master), the master and the slave are on the same machine. The local slave will connect to the master (also local in this case).
4/ In a bigger lab, the master will be running on one machine, while the slaves will be running on remove machines, connecting back to the master.

Does that help?

[...] In this simple mode,wheather the worker(logic unit)must only have one?
   [] I don't understand the question. Do you speak about workers or about DUT (device under test)

According to what I understand, the master can connect multiple slave and  each slave can be runn on a different computer.  But In single master mode ,whether it contains only one Slave unit(or running only one slave  thread of excute) on a single computer.

In this case, all components are on the same server. So lava-server *and* lava-dispatcher are installed on the same server.

[...] In this simple mode,wheather the worker(logic unit)must only have one?
I don't understand the question. Do you speak about workers or about DUT (device under test).

Rgds

--
Remi Duraffort

RĂ©mi Duraffort