[Lava-users] Boot time measurement with Lava

Denis HUMEAU denis.humeau at st.com
Wed Aug 22 07:02:51 UTC 2018

Thanks Milosz,

Do you have any idea on how intrusive Lava is on such boot processes? Based on what I see, without any further analysis, boot time is much higher when measured inside Lava. In my example, I measure Linux + Userland boot time, and I get about 20s more using Lava.
As I said, I haven't analyzed yet.

But, globally speaking, we have noticed so far that time measurements, benchmarkings, when performed via Lava, produce results significantly different than when performed outside Lava. Boot time is the latest example. I wonder if it is due to Lava (Lava may not be designed for this), or maybe is it due to our setup.

Regards,

Denis