[Lava-users] about qemu device dictionary config

Neil Williams neil.williams at linaro.org
Tue Aug 28 07:04:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 09:16, ljh_dev <ljh_dev at 126.com> wrote:

> That means the config .jinja2 file must be saved fixed directory path,so
> that no need a tools to take effect this config file,is it?

Your question wasn't particularly clear.

The device dictionary is stored on the master and then combined with the
devce-type Jinja2 to create a set of YAML instructions which are sent to
the worker. Commands within the device dictionary (like power_on_command
etc.) do NOT need to be available on the master but MUST be available on
the worker.

> In addtion,through web admin interface,I had added qemu device, and web
> devices list can display new qemu device ok. But I did't write above config
> items to any .jinja2 file.  It can  work success even without .jinja2
> config file,is right?

No, it cannot. The database object exists only for the UI and the
scheduler. The Jinja2 configuration is used to create the instructions sent
to the worker to actually run the test job. There must be a device-type
Jinja2 file and there must be a device dictionary which specifies which
device-type jinja2 file to "extend" with any specific values for that
device. Typically, QEMU might only need a MAC address.

https://git.linaro.org/lava/lava-lab.git/tree/staging.validation.linaro.org/master-configs/staging-master.lavalab/lava-server/dispatcher-config/devices/staging-qemu01.jinja2

> At 2018-08-09 15:54:56, "Remi Duraffort" <remi.duraffort at linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> the device dictionary should be store
> in /etc/lava-server/dispatcher-config/devices/<hostname>.jinja2
>
> For example, if your device is called qemu-01, the device dictionary
> should be stored
> at /etc/lava-server/dispatcher-config/devices/qemu-01.jinja2
>
> You don't have to restart any process after a change to a device
> dictionary.
>

> Regards

>> I am building lava test system and currently add new addvice.
>> According to document than step of "Adding a dictionary to the first QEMU
>> device",follow config items neet to write to .jianja2 file.
>> {% extends 'qemu.jinja2' %}
>> {% set mac_addr = '52:54:00:12:34:59' %}
>> {% set memory = '1024' %}
>>
>> Which file is to be writen to  above config items ?does its directory
>> path  must be at path:/etc/lava-server/dispatcher-config/device-types/?
>> How to make these items take effect immediatly?which command to use to
>> take effect above config items? the document is not said.

> --
> RĂ©mi Duraffort
> LAVA Team

Neil Williams