I have a lava setup and right now running two single instance servers.
These are pretty high end servers are handling 4-5 Android devices over USB
I need to expand that to multi node setup with maximum DUTs connected to
The target is only to have android DUTs so that implies a very stable USB
hub and stack on the dispatcher machines.
I used a couple of off the shelf desktops in the past and the USB stack
could not handle more than 1 device at a time.
Any suggestions for hardware that is proven to be solid for dispatchers.
For the 2016.4 release I had created a custom LAVA extension to add 2
commands and 2 xmlrpc methods. The extension mechanism was very
convenient. All I had to do was install an egg on the system and restart
the lava service. When I upgraded to 2016.6 the extension did not work
due to commit b6fd045cc2b320ed34a6fefd713cd0574ed7b376 "Remove the need
I was not able to find a way to add my extension to INSTALLED_APPS and
register the xmlrpc methods without modifying settings/common.py and
urls.py. I looked through common.py and distro.py and could not find
support in settings.conf for extensions. I also looked for a
local_settings import which is referenced on the Internet as a common
way to extend django, but did not find it. If there is a way to extend
LAVA without modifying the LAVA python code, please let me know and I
will be happy to send in a documentation patch.
It would have been nice if functionality such as the extension
mechanism, which is part of the external interface of LAVA, had gone
through a deprecation cycle. A reworked demo app showing how the new
extension mechanism works would have also been helpful.
Thank you for your time.
Konrad Scherer, MTS, Linux Products Group, Wind River
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve McIntyre <steve.mcintyre(a)linaro.org>
Date: 31 May 2016 at 16:46
Subject: Re: pipeline vland help
To: Christian Ziethén <christian.ziethen(a)linaro.org>
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 03:29:45PM +0200, Christian Ziethén wrote:
You'd be much better asking on the lava-users mailing list rather than
just directly to me, I'll be honest.
>Been struggling with setting up a vland between two arndale targets. I have
>managed to create a multinode job that uses the pipeline model:
>Have also managed to create valid yaml that seems to conform to the code in
>This one does however not do anything after being submitted, I tried
>100M in the tags for the vland, I also tried requiring that the arndale
>in the multinode protocol had the 100M tag, but that didn't work.
>the device dictionary for lng-arndale-01, it should have a 100M tag on
Hmmm, OK. I can see that it's sat waiting for devices to be
assigned. Looking at the definition, you've got one group (role)
defined with 2 entries. I believe that for VLANd jobs you need to have
individual roles for each machine. Neil can confirm.
>Also have this job (v1):
>Which runs my test using iface1 (I think) but it doesn't use vland.
Right, v1 doesn't do vland.
>I am unsure how to debug this.
>It was my assumption that I could create a vlan with the vland protocol and
>then query which interface is on that vlan in my test-definition. That
>my end goal for this exercise.
Sure, that's what we expect to have working for you.
Steve McIntyre steve.mcintyre(a)linaro.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs