The time has come to drop regular builds for jessie-backports. If you rely
on these, you will have found that the builds of the master branch broke
for jessie-backports some time ago (whilst the team were at a conference).
So, in the absence of requests to fix the build and in the light of the
existing plan to drop Jessie support in Q2 2018 (i.e. the next production
release) there seems to be no reason to retain the build.
This also means that building from the master branch for jessie is also
broken - this is not going to be fixed.
This opens the door for testing of lava-server using Python3 exclusively,
dropping Python2 support. Depending on how that testing proceeds, the next
production release could be Python3 only.
* jessie-backports support in the staging-repo has ended
* developer builds of the master branch no longer need to build on Jessie
(and are currently broken)
* there will be no further uploads of lava-server to jessie-backports or
jessie-backports-sloppy in Debian.
* support for Stretch continues unaffected
* when the next production release is made, a backport to stretch-backports
in Debian is likely to be uploaded.
* There will be no further builds for Jessie for the production-repo or
jessie-backports in Debian.
* testing of full Python3 support can now begin